Friday, February 20, 2009

Ornamental Orphan



It was quite popular in Victorian times to carry Portraits of one's Family.

We at Mrs. BO will present a series of portraits of the Orphans, in order that we may spread the Search far and wide for the Perfect Families with whom to place our little dears.

Our first Portrait is of Jack R. Abbott, an unfortunately-named lad, given his rather marked resemblance to a bunny...

12 comments:

Unknown said...

thats so cute Dawn! Awesome idea
-Kamila

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
essie said...

This is odd!!!
I'm making something close to this for a skullswap.
Only with a fantasy bird skull on it.
But yours is just awesome.
I like it a lot.
xx
Es

Mima said...

Awesome piece. Will make for great conversation. You do lovely work. TFS, Mima~

Wendie-kins said...

what a face! love it :o)

moti said...

lovely!!!!, I love the expression!!!! just fabulous!!!

Eli

Karri said...

Oh, that's way too cool! Love it!
You're so creative!
Blessings!
Karri

Lance said...

Great idea Dawn! That's some really delicate sculpting you did there, great work!

Rainey J. Dillon said...

Glad tidings from Éire. This is my first visit to your bloggy-won't be my last! His name is so clever and that FACE I love it! 'tis magic spinning fingers that you obviously have.
Rainey

groovepress.com said...

Your work is fantastic !!!

First Draught Farm said...

OMG stumbled across your site. . . LOVE IT.

C. said...

How does one follow this blog? I don't have any bread crumbs to leave behind and I want to visit again!